Karen over at The Art of Doing Stuff has come up with a unique, simple and stunning DIY outdoor lighting idea. Using only opaque glass shades commonly found at secondhand stores for $1-3 (also available at hardware stores for $10-15) and old used string lights, she has made these decorative glowing orbs. There is really nothing to it: stuff the lights into the shades, plug them in and your done – all for $3. You can even use solar string lights and avoid the wiring completely. Or they would make for wonderful table lamps. We’ll be trying this out soon – maybe even applying a thin layer of green coating on the orbs to make them blend in with the plants during the day.
- Outdoor String Lighting Ideas
- A Modern and Creative Exterior Lighting Idea: Sun Jars
- Design Guide: Ideas for Outdoor Pendant Lighting Fixtures
- Design Guide: 10 Simple Wireless Deck Lighting Ideas
- L&L’s Photo Guide To Outdoor Patio Lighting Ideas